With the forthcoming release from The West District Allstars sounding like the good old Soulful House flavour of yesteryear here's a tribute mix to that classic vintage sound:
Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ckmg4
1. Shawn Christopher – Make My Love (Stone’s Essential Mix)
2. Kerri Chandler feat. Arnold Jarvis – Inspiration
3. Quincy Jones – Stomp (Mousse T Ultimate Stomper)
4. Soul II Soul – I Care (Nu Soul Klub)
5. Todd Terry – Bounce to the Beat
6. Ruffneck & Yavahn – Move Your Body (Mousse T Deep Edit)
7. The Zoo Tribe – Get Up
8. Atmosfear – Dancing In Outer Space (MAW Mix)
9. Pasedenas – Round and Round (Vertigo Mix)
10. Incognito – Everyday (Masters at Work Everydub)
11. Boris Duglosch – Keep Pushin (Original Mix)
12. UBP feat. Michael Proctor – Deliver Me (Classic Mix)
13. Abstract Truth – Get Another Plan (Trumpet Jam)
14. UBP feat. Michael Proctor – Love Don’t Live (The Nu Birth Mix)
This is a mix inspired by one of my favourite musical eras – the early to mid 90s. Despite being ‘brought up’ on Soul and Funk in the early 80s and then taking in Electro, Hip Hop and the early forms of House from the mid to late 80s it was the 90s for me where things really started getting interesting. Sure there are some clichés but it’s hard to avoid them when they sound so damn good.
For me the soulful/deep house sound coming out of the US was the benchmark but in the mid 90s we saw some of the European producers finally mastering the sound and pushing it in new directions. Learning from the Bible of Kenny and Louie, Kerri Chandler, Todd Terry, Jazz and Groove and more it was Mousse T, Boris Duglosch and some of the UK heads such as Booker T and Bobby and Steve who were the musical disciples.
Much of the music of this era has been an influence to me, and it lives on today in the Enzyme Black productions.. long may it be the case. Some of the tracks above are hard to find on download, some are not.. all of them are timeless for me.